We have up to now around a hundred members, which are border and cross-border regions in all European border areas, not only within the EU. Members can be associated, observers or full members.
Being a member of AEBR means:
- participating in the only Europe-wide network of border and cross-border regions;
- aspiring to common values, goals and strategies for cross-border cooperation and thereby playing an important part in the process of European unification;
- highlighting and clarifying the special problems and specific opportunities for border and cross-border regions at both national and European levels;
- helping to solve cross-border problems and to implement joint Europe-wide and national actions;
- making the most of the advantages of a Europe-wide network offering services specifically geared towards border and cross-border regions;
- actively contributing towards a European policy that takes account of public interests and concerns and helping to foster mutual understanding and tolerance and break down barriers between the peoples of Europe.