SAVE-THE-DATE: AEBR GENERAL ASSEMBLY AND ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2017:
The next General Assembly and Annual Conference of AEBR will take place in Badajoz (Extremadura, ES) at the ES/PT border, on the occasion of the 750th Anniversary of the first Treaty of Badajoz, signed on 16th February 1267 between King Alfonso X of Castile and King Afonso III of Portugal establishing the border practically in the same demarcation as it currently has. There will be several cross-border activities, involving the partners in Portugal, so it will be a truly cross-border event, and also a series of pre-conference events during the whole week:
- On Monday 23rd October 2017, we will organise in Cáceres (Extredmadura), in collaboration with the Extremadura Agency for International Development (AEXCID), an event related to CBC in Latin America, in order to present the studies, projects and other initiatives implemented, promoted and participated by the AEBR since 2010.
- On Tuesday 24th October 2017, a Cross-Border School is planned in Cáceres as well, in collaboration with the University of Extremadura. This CB School is an initiative proposed by the Euroregion Rhein-Waal and the Province of Gelderland, with the collaboration of the Ragboud University (Nijmegen) and other AEBR partners. The idea is to organise this school with CBC experts and practitioners before every General Assembly and Annual Conference.
- On Wednesday 25th October 2017, a working session with regions from the Iberian borders (Portuguese-Spanish and French-Spanish) is planned in Mérida (Extremadura).
- On Thursday 26th October 2017: AEBR Executive Committee meeting, AEBR General Assembly and first session of the Annual Conference (the Case of the Host) in Badajoz.
- On Friday 27th October 2017: second and third session of the Annual Conference in Badajoz (Extremadura) and a study visit to Elvas (Alentejo, Portugal).
- On Saturday 28th October 2017, a visit to Olivenza and the Ajuda bridges is planned in the morning to close this series of events.
We kindly ask you to save already these dates: 26 – 28 October 2017 for our General Assembly and Annual Conference, and 23 – 25 October 2017 for the pre-conference events.
Further information and a first draft programme will be published soon in the AEBR website.
Please do not hesitate to contact the AEBR team if you need any further information.