On 10 February 2021, at 10:00 CET, the CoR’s Intergroup on CBC held its 15th session through an online meeting, according to the agenda developed below. Various members of the CoR also took the floor additionally to address some of the topics on the agenda: AEBR President Karl-Heinz Lambertz stressed the need to take action at the governmental level to support the ECBM. The situation of the Irish Border was also highlighted, as well as the general and very proactive approach of the CoR on long-term CBC.
1. Introduction of the programme, activities of the intergroup
Pavel Branda, Chairman of the CoR’s Intergroup on CBC and AEBR Vice-president, presented the agenda and introduced recent achievements, such as the CoR’s Own Opinion on Cross-border Public Services (CPS) adopted during the CoR Plenary on 5 February.
2. CoR activities in the field of CBC and EGTC:
Slaven Klobucar, COTER secretariat at the CoR and coordinator of the EGTCs Platform, developed the following issues:
– cross-border citizens alliance, public consultation
– update of European Cross-Border Mechanism (ECBM)
– upcoming CBC relevant opinions
3. Presentation of the EC study on the impact of COVID-19 crisis on cross-border regions
by Jean Peyrony, Director General of MOT
4. Activities of AEBR
Presented by Martín Guillermo Ramírez, AEBR secretary general: b-solutions – 4th call; CB patients mobility in selected EU regions project
5. Small project funds and people-to-people projects in Interreg – latest developments
By Pavel Branda, COTER rapporteur
6. Any other business
Back to overview