AEBR contributes to the development and the implementation of cross-border cooperation in Europe to the benefit of all border and cross-border regions:
- representing the interests of border and cross-border regions towards relevant authorities at European level;
- raising awareness of the specific needs of border and cross-border regions; and
- channelling relevant information on cross-border cooperation.
In addition to that, AEBR members acquire the advantage of a wide and valuable community. For its members, AEBR:
- reports on and updates about the newest decisions made at the European level, while trying to influence during decision-making;
- assists in the foundation and development of cross-border structures;
- offers a unique network, enabling a wide exchange of information;
- through Task Forces and/or specific partnerships, provides a platform to coordinate and develop common projects.
With almost 50 years of experience in cross-border cooperation, AEBR has the necessary knowledge and capacities to represent the specific interests of its members and assist them to elaborate proposals to solve their existing problems and provide better services to the citizens.