#EURegionsWeek 2021: Workshops with AEBR’s participation
The following activities were organized by AEBR or with AEBR’s participation:
Tuesday, 12 October 2021
- 14:30-16:00 CEST, Small Places Matter – governance and the green transition (12WS21319), a dialogue on how to promote integrated multilevel governance learning, among others, from a pilot action under the European Territorial Agenda 2030. The workshop was organised by AEBR, Germany’s Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (BMI), the Norwegian Ministry of Modernisation and Local Government, Mission of Norway to the EU, the Municipality of Rubí, Spain, and the Municipality of Lappeenranta, Finland. Find more information here.
Wednesday, 13 October 2021
- 11:30-13:00 CEST, SME internationalization in the EU cross-border areas (13WS21635), a workshop organized in the framework of the Inter Ventures project investigating the impact of SMEs’ internationalisation on border regions’ economic growth, in partnership with Pannon EGTC (HU/HR/SI), EURADA, and the ESPON BUS Project (Spatial Foresight). Find more information here.
- 11:30-13:00 CEST, Cross-border healthcare cooperation in EU and IPA countries (13WS21439). Organised by DG REGIO, DG SANTE and AEBR, this workshop aimed to illustrate what patient mobility and cross-border healthcare cooperation mean in practice. Find more information here.
- 14:30-16:00 CEST, Youth Engagement for the European Green Deal and Carbon Neutral Society with Hydrogen (13WS21652). Local and regional authorities, industry and business sectors and young people discussed and learned from each other on how to involve young people in policy change, in particular looking at the energy transition. Partners: AEBR, City of Vienna/EU Funding Agency Ltd., European Commission – DG MOVE, Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH JU), Institute for International and Cross Border Cooperation (ICBC Institute). Find more information here.
- 14:30-16:00 CEST, Improving public health services in cross-border territories – What benefits for citizens? (13WS21565). The workshop explored key aspects to success to guarantee an integrated healthcare provision in cross-border regions. Partners: EGTC Eurodistrict PAMINA AEBR, EGTC Euregio Meuse-Rhine, EGTC Euregio Meuse-Rhine, EGTC GO (Comune di Gorizia (Italy), Mestna občina Nova Gorica and Občina Šempeter-Vrtojba (Slovenia), TRISAN/Euro-Institute, Lower Austria Regional Health Agency Healthacross and AEBR. Find more information here.
Thursday, 14 October 2021
- 09:30-11:00 CEST, EU Border Regions: Living Labs of European Integration (14WS21681), organized by the European Commission in collaboration with AEBR. The session shows how different institutions are addressing border regions with coherent actions and policies. Find more information here.
- 11:30-13:00 CEST, Citizens are the forefront of the development of cross-border living areas (14WS21362), organized by the Transfrontier Euro-Institut Network (TEIN) together with AEBR, MOT, and other partners. This workshop illustrated how to engage citizens to rebuild trust, rethink cross-border living spaces and open new possibilities for citizens and workers. Find more information here.
And, in the online programme there were more activities organized by our partners, like the following ones:
Back to overview
- Europe’s present and future: the contribution of young people to cross-border territories (13WS21534), organized by the Working Community of the Pyrenees on 13October at 9:30 – 11:00
- Evaluation and assessment of EU policies: how to strengthen the voice of cross-border regions? (13INFO21315), organized by DG Regio, the CoR, ITEM and the Euro-Institut on 13 October at 16:00- 17:00